Moving forward - opportunities for further development
The history of our company begins in 1951. Johan Gerit Kramp, a trained bicycle repairman from Varsseveld in the Netherlands, purchased a stock of cutter bars for around 3,000 guilders and took them from farm to farm. His business partner was naturally interested in his activities and asked "Why did you pay that particular amount?" Johan Kramp replied succinctly: "That was all I had."
His sales strategy was such a success that he soon decided to expand his offer. From the first farm shop in the Netherlands to today's international company, our mission remains the same: to develop fast, direct, practice-oriented solutions for our trade customers. Whether for the agricultural technology, power tools or construction machinery sectors, Johan Kramp always focussed solely on service, without compromising. This is still the case today. His secret was as simple as it was clever: “Focus on food. That’s the last thing people will do without."
Our roots - your opportunities
Each of our employees thinks and acts according to the philosophy our company's founder Johan Kramp. "Moving forward" stands for entrepreneurship, for forward-thinking and breaking new ground. Today we’re following the tradition of our founder. As a family-owned company, we don’t just "work"; we accomplish:
- Opportunities — at all locations and within an international environment
- Continuous growth for a secure future
- An open, employee-oriented atmosphere
- Short, fast decision pathways and flat structures that enable each employee to develop and keep moving
- Opportunities and support for personal development
- A unique environment with wide-ranging areas of activity, participation in projects, as well as cross-cutting interdisciplinary tasks
- Excellent technical conditions and the latest communication media
- Conditions geared to permanent employment relationships and long-term partnerships.
Each employee has a part in the success and the security of a leading, innovative employer. We foster a culture of mutual appreciation, one in which trust, openness and direct discussion are extremely important. This is why we use informal language in the working environment and also on these pages.
- More about our corporate philosophy.
- Are you one of our managers of tomorrow? Find out how to apply to our company via our Students!
- Stay up to date and develop your skills — the Kramp Academy offers you a wide range of opportunities! Designed for internal and external participants, we have a broad education and training offer ready for you.